Frequently Asked Questions
General Tour ticket price for adults is $55 or $69.
See child rates below.
Click Here for Online Reservations
Every tour includes either lunch ($55) or special dinner ($69) with Chef Poon at one of his favorite Chinatown restaurants.
Group and Student rates are available for groups of 20 or more. (Includes full meal and walking tour). Groups must schedule by phone at 215.928.9333. Group tours are offered on a weekday or weekend. The date of tour can be planned at your convenience and Chef Poon’s availability. Deposits are required to hold group tour date. See Student Tour Tab on this website for pricing details.
Kid friendly pricing: 5 and under FREE, 6 – 12 yrs half price, 13 + yrs full price
- No Credit Card? No Problem! Call 215-928-9333 to make a reservation. Phone reservations require payment by cash or check only on the day of event.
- Tours meet at the Chinese Friendship Gate at 10th and Arch Streets, in the heart of Philadelphia’s Chinatown. Meet on the Trocadero Theater side of the Street five minutes prior to tour time. Click Here for directions.
- Tour buses can park at the nearby Callowhill Bus Center, 2nd & Callowhill streets (215.829.3330). Minimal parking fee applies. Lounge for drivers is available.
- Chef Poon is a trained nutritionist. If you have dietary restrictions or food allergies let Chef Poon know and substitutions will be made.
- Reservations are necessary. Click Here to reserve your tour online.
“From the beginning to the end we were amazed with the information that we learned from Chef Joe“.
— Morgan Henry, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Chef Poon is a true humanitarian, with a wonderful sense of humor. We could not have had a better time. We learned so much about the Chinese traditions and Chinatown , and ate and ate and ate ! We appreciate his generosity.”
— Leslie Phelan, Albany , New York
“What a spectacular tour! My husband and I felt as if we had uncovered a hidden treasure. Chef Poon is truly amazing — a chef, an inventor, a dietician, an entertainer, and full of energy! He surprised us with gifts and samples along the tour. It was certainly worth every penny!”
— A. Lee, Baltimore, Maryland
“I just wanted to thank you for such a fabulous tour! I go to Chinatown often but now I feel like I’ve never really ‘been’ there until today. What a great experience this was!”
— T. Novacich, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“WOW!! What a truly fabulous, spectacular time we all had!! The scouts ate every speck on their plates and really enjoyed every special place Joe took us. We could have stayed with him for a few more hours. He is certainly one special soul!”
— C. Gosser, Troop Leader
“I think this might have been truly life altering for my students, most of whom rarely meet someone outside their culture and religion and who rarely, if ever, have ventured to Center City, much less Chinatown. Parents were saying that this was a once in a lifetime experience.”
— L. Leff, teacher, Souderton Charter School