This 1 1/2 to 2 hour walk through Philadelphia’s Chinatown is an excellent choice for culinary student groups and adventurous foodies. Only available for private groups of 8 to 12 individuals.
Your group of eight – 12 guests will stop to taste and experience a selection of interesting foods chosen by Chef Poon, including fresh Roast Duck, Roast Pig, Roast Pork and amazing street food desserts.
Also visit a Fortune Cookie Factory to see how the cookies are made and how the fortunes are put inside.
Ticket price is $55 per person in your group.
Call us to make reservations for your group tour.
|Guests will be treated to many of the foods listed below when available:
|Tour stops are dependent on day and time of tour.|
Tour is available any day except Tuesday for groups.
Minimum group of 8 is required for this tour. Maximum of 12 guests for this group tour.
Kid friendly pricing: 5 and under FREE, 6 – 10 yrs half price, 11 + yrs full price
- Call 215-928-9333 to make a reservation. Phone reservations require payment by cash or check only on the day of event.
- Tours meet at Chef Kitchen, 1010 Cherry Street, 2nd floor in the heart of Philadelphia’s Chinatown (1/2 block from the Pennsylvania Convention Center) unless otherwise noted. Click Here for directions.
- Tour buses can park at the nearby Callowhill Bus Center, 2nd & Callowhill streets (215.829.3330).
- Minimal parking fee applies. Lounge for drivers is available.
- Reservations are necessary.
- Call 215.928.9333 for special appointment and reservations for this group tour.
“From the beginning to the end we were amazed with the information that we learned from Chef Joe“.
– Morgan Henry, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Chef Poon is a true humanitarian, with a wonderful sense of humor. We could not have had a better time. We learned so much about the Chinese traditions and Chinatown , and ate and ate and ate ! We appreciate his generosity.î
– Leslie Phelan, Albany , New York
“What a spectacular tour! My husband and I felt as if we had uncovered a hidden treasure. Chef Poon is truly amazing — a chef, an inventor, a dietician, an entertainer, and full of energy! He surprised us with gifts and samples along the tour. It was certainly worth every penny!”
– A. Lee, Baltimore, Maryland
“I just wanted to thank you for such a fabulous tour! I go to Chinatown often but now I feel like I’ve never really ‘been’ there until today. What a great experience this was!”
– T. Novacich, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“WOW!! What a truly fabulous, spectacular time we all had!! The scouts ate every speck on their plates and really enjoyed every special place Joe took us. We could have stayed with him for a few more hours. He is certainly one special soul!”
– C. Gosser, Troop Leader
“I think this might have been truly life altering for my students, most of whom rarely meet someone outside their culture and religion and who rarely, if ever, have ventured to Center City, much less Chinatown. Parents were saying that this was a once in a lifetime experience.”
– L. Leff, teacher, Souderton Charter School