Discover the magic of Philadelphia’s Chinatown with Chef Joseph Poon.
New tour menu introduced with accent on healthy, flavor-filled dishes.
As seen on “The Tonight Show,” “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” & TV Food Network’s “The Best of…”
Join us for an insider’s tour of this vibrant community and learn about the history, culture and food of Philadelphia’s Chinatown.
Your tour will include a walking tour of Philadelphia’s Chinatown community including stops at a fortune cookie factory, a Chinese herbal medicine discussion at the Asian grocery, a Chinese place of worship, a Chinese bakery, the Asian supermarket , a fish market and more. (Stops vary depending upon timing) Upon completion of the tour, Chef Joseph Poon’s staff will serve a full lunch or dinner.
Ticket price is $60 per person
Click Here for Online Reservations
Every Tour of Chinatown concludes with a four-course healthy, delicious meal.
|Add a Dim Sum appetizer course for an additional $5.00 per person|
Group rates available for groups of 20 to 100 people. (Includes full meal, demonstrations & walking tour). Groups must schedule by phone at 215.928.9333. Group tours are offered on a weekday or weekend. The date of tour can be planned at your convenience. Deposits are required to hold group tour date.
Kid friendly pricing: 5 and under FREE, 6 – 10 yrs half price, 11 + yrs full price
- No Credit Card? No Problem! Call 215-928-9333 to make a reservation. Phone reservations require payment by cash or check only on the day of event.
- Tours meet at Chef Kitchen, 1010 Cherry Street, 2nd floor in the heart of Philadelphia’s Chinatown (1/2 block from the Pennsylvania Convention Center) unless otherwise noted. Click Here for directions.
- Tour buses can park at the nearby Callowhill Bus Center, 2nd & Callowhill streets (215.829.3330). Minimal parking fee applies. Lounge for drivers is available.
- Chef Poon is a trained nutritionist. If you have dietary restrictions or food allergies let Chef Poon know and substitutions can be made.
- Reservations are necessary. Call 215.928.9333 for phone reservations or Click Here to reserve your tour online.
“Thanks so much for hosting our Questers group members and their husbands on Saturday. Everyone enjoyed the tour and all of the goodies you gave us. Chef Poon, we loved your high energy and informative tour.” – Carol H., Steeplechasers Questers Group
“From the beginning to the end we were amazed with the information that we learned from Chef Joe“.
– Morgan Henry, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Chef Poon is a true humanitarian, with a wonderful sense of humor. We could not have had a better time. We learned so much about the Chinese traditions and Chinatown , and ate and ate and ate ! We appreciate his generosity.”
– Leslie Phelan, Albany , New York
“Just wanted to let you know how wonderful this tour was. My companions and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Chef Poon was the ultimate host. He shared much about Chinatown and his culture. He was an engaging speaker, we saw so many different things in Chinatown and the meal was delicious. I would consider signing up for this one again – an excellent value.” –Chester County Night School Student
“What a spectacular tour! My husband and I felt as if we had uncovered a hidden treasure. Chef Poon is truly amazing — a chef, an inventor, a dietician, an entertainer, and full of energy! He surprised us with gifts and samples along the tour. It was certainly worth every penny!”
– A. Lee, Baltimore, Maryland
“I just wanted to thank you for such a fabulous tour! I go to Chinatown often but now I feel like I’ve never really ‘been’ there until today. What a great experience this was!”
– T. Novacich, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“WOW!! What a truly fabulous, spectacular time we all had!! The scouts ate every speck on their plates and really enjoyed every special place Joe took us. We could have stayed with him for a few more hours. He is certainly one special soul!”
– C. Gosser, Troop Leader
“I think this might have been truly life altering for my students, most of whom rarely meet someone outside their culture and religion and who rarely, if ever, have ventured to Center City, much less Chinatown. Parents were saying that this was a once in a lifetime experience.”
– L. Leff, teacher, Souderton Charter School